LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention attendees cannot book this property for their convention stay, they must book through the proper convention source. Convention attendees that violate this policy will be responsible for paying any higher rates upon arrival and may not be eligible for any promotional offerings.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed daily resort fee is charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out.
Hotel Mandatory hotel imposed resort fee inclusions:
• Wireless high-speed Internet access
• Access to Island Club and Spa’s fitness facilities
• $20.00 spa credit per room per stay at Island Club and Spa, redeemable for massage, couples’ massage and facials
• Hawaiian cultural classes
• Aqua Fit classes
• Swell pool deck amenities
• Eco-friendly water bottle, refillable at purified water stations throughout resort
• In-room Keurig coffee makers with ‘Alohilani’s custom special blend coffee/tea
• Self-service 24-hour workspace: boarding pass printing and copying services
• Surfboard storage: self-serve locking surfboard racks with unlimited use during your stay
• Unlimited local and 60 minutes long distance/international telephone calls
• Children 5 and under eat free at the breakfast buffet with paying adult. Children 6-12 are half price.
• Daily local newspaper available at front desk
• Children’s 'Alohilani activity provided at check-in
• Educational tank talks with an Oceanarium diver
• Portable phone chargers for use, based on availability. See Guest Services.
• $50.00 off when you spend $250.00 or more at Trina Turk located at International Market Place (conditions apply)
• Self-parking for the first night of your stay will be upgraded to valet-parking service (pay for self-parking and receive valet parking service)
• Complimentary gift with purchase from Malie Organics located in the Shops at ‘Alohilani, lobby level
• One (1) small coffee from Kai Coffee per room, per stay (located in lobby level)
• Access to the Honolulu Museum of Art—present your valid ‘Alohilnani Resort room key for admission
• Daily showing of ‘Alohilani Resort’s new video art installation “Light Monument” by Hawaiian artist, Joseph Pa’ahana at Swell Pool & Bar
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed fees may not include tax and are subject to change. The hotel can provide current fee and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingBased on 1090 reviews
Water leak in Room 802
We had a room leak coming from the next floor up and maintenance knocked on our door to tell us the customer on the floor below us was complaining of water leak from our room. We had a leak as well so we let management know and they said they would check it out. They didn’t communicate the next steps on what to do and we just stayed in our room with a soggy carpet. This was never fixed for the four nights that we stayed there so I’m pretty disappointed with management and how things are handled. If you get room 802. Make sure they fixed the issue and the black mold on the closet ceiling or you’ll be waisting your money on a problematic room.
Amazing hotel- staff, location, all the little gems included
The location of this property is perfect- right across from waikiki beach, the pool is gorgeous- picture perfect infinity pool; the aquarium- soooo cute, but the staff- amazing. Every where I went they seemed to remember my name, asked about my day, etc. So friendly and accommodating. I saw a guest asking a passing by manager for a banana for his grand daughter who was hungry, and she got right on it and hand delivered it herself. The longboard lounge is such a great added benefit- a must for everyone staying at this property- a great selection for breakfast, including build your own acai bowls, and cheese cart for happy hour. I can't say enough how I enjoyed my time here!
Amazing Honeymoon Stay!!
We had an incredible stay at the Alohilani as part of our Hawaiian honeymoon. We were upgraded upon check in and found champagne awaiting us in our room! The staff were fantastic with us throughout our stay and the hotel was spotlessly clean. This hotel is perfect for couples and the views of the beach at sunset were superb. We couldn’t fault anything about the hotel and were grateful for all the little extras they generously provided. Would defend stay again!
K & T
Hotel and staff are amazing, Was able to check in early which was great bonus, had an amazing view even though it’s partial. Location is amazing, beach literally across the road. We loved our stay. Great hotel.
Had quite a circus getting our rooms - ended up being on three different floors before finally getting rooms, one room we were given was occupied by someone else! Renee at reception apologised sincerely and got us sorted with some breakfast vouchers as an apology - we were all ok with things up to this point. The hotel (i would not describe it as a resort - more of a hotel with a swimming pool) is not boutique as it looks on the website. It is a 39 storey highrise, I would guess the building would be 30+ years old. The room we finally ended up with had a very strong smell - I think some sort of deoderiser to try and mask previous smoking guests perhaps. It took days to get rid of the chemical smell. Very noisey rooms - you can constantly hear all the toilets flushing in the adjacent rooms and from the floors above, along with street noise and noisey air conditioning unit. The old single glazed sliding doors to the balcony didn't provide any relief from the street noise. Room average to below, has been done up, but some time ago and too superficial to disguise the age of the place. Overpriced and overrated. We won't be back!