LocationAcross the street from Waikiki Beach
General Policies & Fine Print
Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
Hotel Spring Break Policy:
This hotel cannot guarantee a spring-break-free environment.
Room taxes are included in vacation price.
Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
Resort Fee - A mandatory hotel-imposed fee, per room, per night will be charged and collected by the hotel either at check-in or check-out. This fee is not included in your package price and is subject to change.
Mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee inclusions:
* Complimentary unlimited local and 1-800 telephone calls
* Complimentary long distance and international calls – up to 60 minutes per day
* Resort interactive cultural activities (ukulele lessons, flower lei making, hula lessons)
* Access to Pressreader’s 5000 newspapers and magazines in multiple languages
* Complimentary use of beach amenities, e.g., Tommy Bahama beach chairs
* “Biki” bicycle ride sharing service – onetime credit of $3.00 per person (2 persons maximum)
* 24 Hour Stay Fit Gym access
* Re-usable Hyatt Regency Waikiki tote bag
* Re-usable souvenir Hyatt Regency Waikiki water bottle with water stations on each floor
* Children 5 & under “eat for free” from the Children’s menu with paying adult
* Discount coupons from participating Pualeilani Atrium shops, Na Ho’ola Spa and SWIM bar
* Complimentary incoming faxes
* Discounted surfing lessons and rental of beach equipment from Star Beach Boys
* Chromecast service for in-room television viewing
* Premium Wi-Fi in guestrooms and public areas
* Complimentary plantation iced tea and fruit infused iced water at check-in
* House slippers and personal amenity items pre-set in guest room
* In-room coffee and tea
Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa, in accordance with Hawaii state law, has a non-smoking policy in all guestrooms, including lanais and balconies. Smoking is prohibited in guest rooms unless the room is designated as a smoking room, which is then only permitted on the lanai or balcony. A smoking room can be requested but it is only a request and cannot be guaranteed. Guests smoking in the non-smoking floor guest rooms will be assessed a $250.00 cleaning fee by the hotel.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating6874 reviews
Very happy with the hotel and staff
Last year, we stayed in Hyatt Regency in the Waikiki area in Honolulu and we enjoyed it. We wanted to stay this year too, starting January 18, for 5 nights. Because of its popularity, when we call, we couldn't reserve a room for 5 nights, instead, we were able to reserve 3 different rooms. But when we get there, thanks to Joanna’s efforts in the check-in desk, we were given a room in the Diamond Head Tower building for 5 nights. It has a fabulous view of the Waikiki Beach and the Ocean. Thanks Joanna! The rooms are very comfortable. It’s in a central location, close to many restaurants and shopping places. We highly recommend this hotel.
We should have asked to be put on a lower floor but loved the room-just not 39th floor. Staff was great and room was very clean. We are using twice more before returning home. Loved all the ambiance and shops around us
Excellent service as usual
We received an e-mail and a text from Alyssa Wimmer prior to our stay asking if we needed anything prior to arrival. I responded our plane was late and when we would be in and asked for an upgrade if available. The Hyatt Regency is in a great location with access to many places to eat and shop and beautiful views of the ocean. The room was spacious and clean! Alyssa met us at check-in, completed everything quickly and was able to upgrade us. She was available to answer all our questions during our stay and was a pleasure to deal with. The bed and sheets were so comfortable that I texted Alyssa where they were ordered and she found out for us. We always stay at Hyatt hotels and have never been disappointed!!
What an excellent resort! I stayed here with a friend recently and I also stayed here in June 2012(some renovations was going on at the time). I location was great. Me and my friends were able to walk to the mall fairly quickly. We enjoyed the pool. It’s a beachfront resort and I have to say this beach was the calmest beach out of the 5 we visited. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We rented a car and I do have to say that I was expensive for parking if you actually plan to come and go from the garage. The room we shared was subpar but I didn’t pay a lot for it considering I didn’t plan on saying in the room much. All in all a good experience.
We have been coming to this property for over 10 years. The staff make this location top notched. Overlooking Waikiki doesn't hurt either. It is located right on city and tour bus routes and shopping. There are many places to eat within walking distance.