General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort fee inclusions:
• Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
• Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
• In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
• Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
• Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
• 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
• 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
• 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
• 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
• 20% off Waikiki Beach Activities for Elite Beach Package Rental, which includes: Two (2) chaise loungers, one (1) beach umbrella, lemon water spritz, water service and reef-safe sun block at the beach stand, and use of boogie boards, tubes, and rafts (based on availability and first come, first service. Guests must visit the Waikiki Beach Activities stand at the Super Pool to reserve and purchase this discounted package.
• Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
• Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change at any time. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating18167 reviews
Just a room, the Alli towers aren't anything special
Horribly long lines at check-in. I am a Hilton Diamond member and it still took 45 minutes to check in. THEN we found that the Alli towers had a separate check in with no lines. It would have nice if the person checking to make sure people were in the right line had told me that, and yes, our name was on a list he was carrying around. Thank goodness this was only an overnight stay on our way home from Kauai. Room was just a room, we paid a bunch extra for ocean view and that was nice. The Hilton Hawaiian Village is huge- and way over crowded. My advice is run away, don't stay in Honolulu or at least not on Waikiki beach, its not worth it
Alii a disappointment
We paid extra to stay in the Alii tower at the Hilton Hawaiian village because it advertised a pool reserved for its guests, as well as other amenities and dedicated check in. Unfortunately, the pool was out of service when we arrived (which was not mentioned on the website or via phone when I booked). They did rope off a portion of the Tapa pool for only Alii guests, but the heater was broken, so the pool was freezing and that pool is in the shade until around 2pm. Also, the only fitness center available to us was several towers away. The room was spacious and clean and the linens were very nice. They did have their own desk for check-in, which was quick. The resort as a whole, was sprawling and not as nice as I expected. We usually stay at Westin resorts, like the Westin Villas in Maui and this did not compare. The bathrooms in the pool areas were similar to a public restroom, rundown and not very clean. Also, none of the towel stands opened when the pools open. You have to hike to the one on the beach which opens at 8:30 am and wait in line with everyone from the other pools. Also, the food at the restaurants and poolside was not great. The staff was friendly and helpful, though. I was also disappointed in the lack of sustainability practices at this resort. There was no recycling anywhere and the staff at the pool throw all the plastic cups and utensils in the garbage. They did not even have recycling for cans or glass. They ask you to save your towels by hanging them up, but they are not doing anything to help cut down on waste.
the hotel was nice the rooms were really big and the room service kept the rooms clean and they did a great job.
our location of our hotel was beautiful it was right beside the beach and it was pretty waking up and seeing the sun rise over the ocean and the workers there were really helpful and nice.we went to surfing training to learn how to surf it was so much fun we had a great time.
Great stay once again!
We love staying here. This is our fourth time and every time we stay we enjoy ourselves at the same time we unwind tremendously from our busy lives at home. Well worth the money to upgrade to a room with an ocean view. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. They really try to make you feel at home.
Awesome anniversary trip!hugs place
Huge place, several restaurants inside or looking at the beach.shopping, bars, kind of a mall type in the center. Something for everyone. Right on the beach but a ways from the main stream of waikiki. Friday night fireworks over the ocean was a great special event that made the evening more special