General Policies & Fine Print
Check-in Policy: Hotel requires a credit/debit card authorization or cash deposit upon check-in for incidentals; this will place a hold on your funds.
Convention Policy: Individuals attending a convention cannot book this property for their stay. If found attending a convention, guests may be subject to higher room rates upon arrival.
- Room taxes are included in vacation price.
- Minimum night stay restrictions may apply.
- Reservation changes may not be permitted unless authorized by the hotel.
- Room requests are not guaranteed and are based on availability upon check-in.
Resort Fee: A mandatory hotel-imposed resort fee is charged to all guests at hotel check-in or check-out.
Mandatory resort fee inclusions:
• Local calls, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee)
• Internet Access/Wi-Fi Access
• In-Room PlayStation 3 console with unlimited movies and games
• Outdoor Movies on Wednesdays and Saturdays at sundown
• Daily cultural activities including Lei Making, Hula Lessons, Ukulele Lessons (Subject to class availability)
• 10% discount OR One (1) category upgrade on a minimum 2-day car rental from National Rental Car when booked in person at their kiosk located on the ground floor of Tapa Tower at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount or upgrade. Discount/upgrade is not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through National or through any 3rd party. Discount/upgrade is also not available through National Rental Car Central Reservations or through their website. Reservation must be made in person at their kiosk located at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
• 20% discount off” The Spirit of Aloha” catamaran Adventure afternoon sail at Hilton Hawaiian Village. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in to receive the discount.
• 10% off at Waikiki Beach Activities* for beach chairs & umbrellas, kayaks, pedal boats, stand-up paddle boards and Aqua Cycles. Guests must present their DVD Now card at Waikiki Beach Activities beach and lagoon stands.
• 10% discount at Waikiki Beach Activities is based upon availability, may not be combined with other offers and may be changed without notice. This discount offer excludes other rental and retail items, surfboard rentals, surfing lessons and SUP Yoga classes, catamaran rides and other activities.
• 20% off Waikiki Beach Activities for Elite Beach Package Rental, which includes: Two (2) chaise loungers, one (1) beach umbrella, lemon water spritz, water service and reef-safe sun block at the beach stand, and use of boogie boards, tubes, and rafts (based on availability and first come, first service. Guests must visit the Waikiki Beach Activities stand at the Super Pool to reserve and purchase this discounted package.
• Outdoor Morning Exercise Classes. Guests must present their DVD Now Card that is issued to them at time of check-in
• Buy one Adult entrance and get one Child entrance free (4 -12 years of age) at the Waikiki Aquarium*. Guests must present their hotel room key at the Waikiki Aquarium’s Ticket Counter. Offer not combinable/bookable with any other offers or specials provided through the Waikiki Aquarium.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Mandatory hotel-imposed charges may not include tax and are subject to change at any time. The hotel can provide current charges and inclusions when you check-in.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating18343 reviews
Still a dream
Returned here for the first visit in 40 years and it remains a dreamy location for a Hawaiian get-away. It’s pricey and it’s best to go search for local restaurants instead of always eating there but the setting is wonderful.
We stayed one night at the Hilton, we were overnight island hopping, we got an excellent rate to begin with, but when we checked in around 9 pm they upgraded us to a suite as they had one available. It was beautiful and we were over the top surprised! Everyone was gracious, check in check out was fast and easy. Wonderful trip, will do it again.
The check in process was extremely slow for our 3 rooms, but a very pleasant agent. Rooms were lovely with excellent amenities. $95 fee for rollaways is exorbitant, but were waived for Hilton Honors, but shouldn't be charged to anyone (Aulani and other hotels on trip didn't). Appreciated a little later checkout for 1 room. Disappointing that kids couldn't use any Nerf pool toys, despite there being very few people in pools. Lovely beach. Restaurants very good. Luau moved to indoors because of impending weather deterred from the ambience, but the show and food were good.
I write this in order that this would be helpful to others... not to be critical. We are Hilton owners and have visited MANY properties across the country. We also stay in hotels frequently enough that we are Hilton Diamond Elite status. The resort was beautiful (as I would expect). We were a party of 6. The pools and jacuzzis closed at 7pm!!!!! —-Ridiculous. Also, there were only 2 jacuzzis so they were very full. One pool on site is open until 10–it was not heated. MBR has neither balcony/veranda nor a veranda entrance —also no “decent” window. Second BR had two small windows that opened only a little. This is also the noisiest resort we have stayed at. The luau was held in a conference room with ZERO ambiance. The food was fine and the show was interesting (the show was really very good) but there was lovely weather outside and yet not a palm tree in sight for our luau. We could have been eating a dinner with this show in our neighborhood conference center. We hated this luau. Online photos misrepresented the experience. Laundry facilities are not in the unit but instead on a particular floor (not our floor where our 2+ BR unit was). I would NOT recommend this property. It was extremely disappointing in many ways.
Old crappy hotel-resort kinda
I lived in Kalia tower, 12-17 Jan 2019, and it looked like last time my room was renovated was 15-20 years ago. I can tell by shower, doors, furniture etc. It all looks very old, I didnt realize Hilton could be that oldy and crappy. Dont waste your money, go to a hotel, this resort is a joke.